- Blue Swede | Hooked on a Feeling
- Raspberries | Go All The Way
- Norman Greenbaum | Spirit in the Sky
- David Bowie | Moonage Daydream
- Elvin Bishop | Fooled Around and Fell in Love
- 10CC | I’m Not in Love
- Jackson 5 | I Want You Back
- Redbone | Come and Get Your Love
- The Runaways | Cherry Bomb
- Rupert Holmes | Escape (The Piña Colada Song)
- The Five Stairsteps | O-O-H Child
- Marvin Gaye & Tammi Terrell | Ain’t No Mountain High Enough
Robin Williams (via purplebuddhaproject)
FLYING LOTUS AND HIS NEW PUPPY AT HOME IN L.A.
PHOTOGRAPHY : KEVIN AMATO
FOR DAZED AND CONFUSED MAGAZINE
Chefchaouen, a small town in northern Morocco, has a rich history, beautiful natural surroundings and wonderful architecture, but what it’s most famous for are the striking and vivid blue walls of many of the buildings in its “old town” sector, or medina.
The maze-like medina sector, like those of most of the other towns in the area, features white-washed buildings with a fusion of Spanish and Moorish architecture. The brilliantly blue walls, however, seem to be unique to Chefchaouen. They are said to have been introduced to the town by Jewish refugees in 1930, who considered blue to symbolize the sky and heaven. The color caught on, and now many also believe that the blue walls serve to repel mosquitoes as well (mosquitoes dislike clear and moving water).
Whatever the reason, the town’s blue walls attract visitors who love to wander the town’s narrow streets and snap some beautiful photos.
the need to live here is real.